Saturday 21 February 2009

Some Epic Links.

So the other day I was feeling notoriously sorry for myself and decided I'd whine about it over on DA. My good friend over there gave some hints and tips for my art work and just general Graphic Design. (He's American, but roughly did the same course as us.) Many of you will know these sites, e.g twitter, cafe press but I thought over all the list was epic and handy to have.

From the Karl man himself:

"OK... this is kind of a long list and it's really only a few things I have on my delicious account ( [link] ). If you aren't familiar, it's an online social bookmarking site, where your shared posts are listed for other users and theirs are also listed where you can find them.

I also see a lot of potential for Twitter ( [link] ) as a promotional tool.

Ok, let's start with the Graphic Design blogs.

AG Design [link]
BODO [link]
You the Designer [link]

Blogs for working freelance
Freelance Switch [link]
Dumb Little Man [link]

Not too familiar with Speckyboy, but this [link] looked like it might be interesting, so I bookmarked it.

And places to bid on Freelance gigs.

Sologig [link]
Behance [link] (more of an online gallery/social network...)


Promotional things, in the event you decide to go the Webcomic route.

Reviewme.com [link] (not just for Webcomics, though...)
Webcomic Promo Guide [link]
The Webcomic List [link]
The Webcomic Network [link]
Smack Jeeves [link] (Webcomic hosting.. also [link] [link] and that thing DC was doing)
Project Wonderful [link] (Actually for cheap ads)
Webcomics Asylum's Promotional Articles [link]

Tutorials for Photoshop and other things...
Good-Tutorials [link]
Vandalay [link]
PSDTUTS [link] (there are also about 5 others in this cluster which apply to other programs and the like...)
Six Revisions [link]
PSD Fan [link]

Articles that may be of use.
Accounting basics for Freelancers [link]
Beginner's Guide to Freelance Business Processes [link]
How to win jobs on bidding sites [link]
Building a killer online portfolio... [link]

And of course, Cafe Press [link] and Kuler [link]

If you decide to start up a Twitter account, PSDTUTS and the associated pages all have accounts that point out new tutorials when they go up. Also a LOT of comic writers are on there... I can be found at [link]

I think I've dropped enough for now, though if I wanted to I could probably go on.. lol"

So go crazy, use them. Or don't. Most of this will mean nothing to allot of you, but I'm sure as hell glad I had that moaning journal. XD

And If I see one more thing related to Twilight, I'm going to have to gut something just to make myself feel better. ¬ ¬...Really, I'd rather pull of my eyeballs through my arse then ever have to read that again.

No comments: