Saturday 25 April 2009

Layout Brief: Craig Fawell

In the few weeks leading up to Easter break, we've been having type and grid workshops. These have been very insightful and I've now realised that I have only just begun to scratch the surface when it comes to these kinds of layouts.

Now all of this knowledge I have gained on the anatomy of typefaces and the correct way to measure grids and columns has to be presented in an article based on a fellow designer. I was paired up with Craig who I have rarely spoken to since Septmeber. I took this as a good thing because I'm not very good at mixing with people. It was insightful because I had judged him wrong in the begining. I believd him to be one of these "football" types but as it turns out he doens't have that much interest in the sport.

He comes from a small village just out side of Leeds and enjoys going to the gym on his days off. A really nice guywho presented himself to be very calm, pleasent and insighful. He enjoys contempory Graphic Design and belives that such design should have meaning. He's not just about making somthing pretty of preseting facts and Figure. An opinion man at heart, he wants to get out there and shout it to the world! (In the form of Graphic Design ofcourse)

The interview I did with Craig went faily well and I am now to design threes dps' (double page spreads). One of these has to be an introduction piece of around 500 words. Next will be the mian body of 1, 500 worlds and the last will also have 1, 500. It's allot of words for a person i've spoken to about 3 times but luckily I'm good at making things stretch. (Besides...we can copy pasta.)

The tag line needs some work but I was thinking: "Facts and Figures are for calculators. Show me the opinion and I'll show you Graphic Design." .... It needs work.

No comments: