Sunday 9 November 2008

Paul Kepple and other such...stuff

So we've been doing a brief of poster design for the guardian articles we researched during reading week. I decided to go with the train quote as it seemed rather relevant too me. Damned rail people sucking away my moneys. ¬ ¬

Anyhow. During the crit on Friday, Johnny, Vicky and pearl all agreed that as my posters had an almost "toilet door man feel" I should try and incorporate that into the poster with the train conductor. I'm going to elaborate on "Toilet Door Man" and ensure you (and myself) that they weren't just calling my work shit.

This is Toilet Door Man:

And his lovely wife in tow there as well. Now trying to think of an artist like this stumped me for a few hours until I remembered about a set of books I had kicking around my bedroom.

I present:


I have tonnes of them, but I remembered about how the artist used those kind of Mr. and Mrs Toilet figures in his work so I went stalk-searching for him. =D

Kepple's website and he has some really funny illustrations knocking about on there. Here are Just a few:












I've changed the colour scheme for my posters as someone colour blind put on my crit sheet that "perhaps change the black." I distinctly remember picking BROWN!

Also, if you type "Cuttle Fish Agrees" into google, my blog comes up first. Failed meme is failed.



I have also found that making Pixel Base Dolls at 3am after a long shift at work is very therapeutic. I am the barmaid that polishes knives and forks at midnight in a haunted pub kitchen. ¬ ¬


"Give me those big anime eye's!"

No comments: