Saturday 22 November 2008

Visual Stuff...

This stuff is still confusing to me but I'll give it ago anyway.

Synecdoches: I know what it means, it's just hard trying to explain it. It's like replacing words with something worded visual, for example; I bought myself some tunes or I bought myself a new set of wheels.

But finding something Visual for this is proving tricky. The closest I've found is a picture for a Micra car and on it a man is cupping his groin. It's supposed to convey that driving the micra is like a slice of life...
Testicles = Life
Lovely.

Metaphor: Why am I so stumped with this? The closet i can think of (thanks to never mind the buzzcoks) is 50 cent opening a a bread bag with a lot of money falling out of it. Bread = dough = money.

Metonym:
A metonym is a symbolic image used to make reference to something with a more literal meaning. Like Jesus's cross.


And seeing the white house makes you think of the president...I think of a slurring ape but the guys got unill January to hall his crap outta there.

No comments: